Involtini ripieni di salsiccia (Sausage wraps)
Today’s recipe is the Italian Translation of ‘Involtini ripieni di salsiccia’, a filling dish that can accompany any meat-based meal. If you want to add extra flavour to this Italian recipe, you can also use some provolone cheese. The cooking time will increase by a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt, but your wraps will be even tastier. We will list the English translation first, then show glossary of some of the key terms before finishing with the source Italian recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people
4 different coloured peppers
400 gr of sausages
aromatic mixed herbs
1 clove of garlic
half a cup of dry white wine
- Wash the peppers, place in a baking tray with a little bit of water and bake for 30-35 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180º. Turn them over quite often, until the skin starts peeling off. Then place them into a food packing bag and let cool down. Then remove the skin, seeds and membrane and cut high wise in 4-5 cm wide pieces.
- Cut the sausage into 6-7 cm long pieces and sauté in a large pan for about 10 minutes, puncturing every now and then with a fork. Then drizzle over wine, strain and place in a dish.
- Wrap each sausage piece with a piece of pepper and place in a baking tray in a single layer. Pour over their cooking juice, season with the garlic and parsley previously chopped together and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 º for 5 more minutes. Season with the chopped mixed herbs before serving.
As follows is an Italian translation into English of some of the key terms found in this recipe
Peperone – Pepper
Salsiccia – Sausage
Erbe aromatiche miste – Aromatic mixed herbs
Aglio - Garlic
Prezzemolo - Parsley
Sale – Salt
Pepe - Pepper
As follows is the recipe written in again in Italian. This is the original version of the text that we have provided an English translation of above. Please note that our translation may have some added notes to help the user which were not necessary in the Italian version.
Ingredienti per 4 persone
4 peperoni di colori diversi
400 gr di salsiccia
erbe aromatiche miste
1 spicchio d’aglio
mezzo bicchiere di vino bianco
- Lavate i peperoni, sistemateli in una pirofila con un po’ d’acqua e cuoceteli per 30-35 minute in forno preriscaldato a 180º. Girate spesso, finché la pelle comincerà a staccarsi. Trasferite i peperoni in un sacchetto per alimenti e lasciateli raffreddare. Quindi rimuovete pelle, semi e filamenti e divideteli in falde di 4-5 cm di larghezza.
- 2) Tagliate la salsiccia in pezzi di 6-7 cm di lunghezza e saltateli in un’ampia padella per circa 10 minuti, bucherellandoli ogni tanto con una forchetta. Sfumateli con il vino, sgocciolateli e metteteli in un piatto.
- Avvolgete ciascun pezzetto di salsiccia con una falda di peperone e sistemateli in una pirofila, formando un solo strato. Irrorateli con il loro fondo di cottura, cospargeteli con l’aglio e il prezzemolo precedentemente tritati e cuocete in forno preriscaldato a 200 º per altri 5 minuti. Prima di servire, cospargete con le erbe miste tritate.
Translation of Italian Recipe Service – We offer free translation of Italian recipes. Please send your Italian Recipe by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – with ‘Free Italian Recipe’ written in the subject line of your email. Please note that the recipe translated will be published and must be free from any restriction to do so.