Risotto al tonno (Tuna risotto)
Are you looking for a main course idea for a fish-based meal? Then the following Italian Translation of ‘Risotto al tonno’ is just what you need. To complete your meal, you may serve a smoked tuna carpaccio as your starter and grilled tuna steak as your second course. It does not require much preparation time and is guaranteed to impress your guests. We will list the English translation first, then show glossary of some of the key terms before finishing with the source Italian recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people
350 gr of rice
250 of tomato purée
200 gr of fresh tuna steak
1 clove of garlic
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
half a cup of white wine
1 cup of vegetable stock
- Place a pan with abundant salty water on the flame. In the meantime cut the tuna steak into small pieces. Peel and finely chop the garlic together with the onion and fry in a pan with some oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the tuna pieces and stir for 2-3 minutes to allow flavours to blend. Then drizzle over with wine. Once it has evaporated, add the tomato purée, salt and pepper and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile pour the rice into boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Drain, pour into the pan with the sauce and cook for 5 more minutes, adding a little vegetable stock every now and then. Add salt and pepper and serve.
As follows is an Italian translation into English of some of the key terms found in this recipe
Riso – Rice
Passata di pomodoro – Tomato purée
Tonno - Tuna
Aglio – Garlic
Cipolla – Onion
Vino bianco – White wine
Brodo vegetale – Vegetable stock
Sale – Salt
Pepe - Pepper
As follows is the recipe written in again in Italian. This is the original version of the text that we have provided an English translation of above. Please note that our translation may have some added notes to help the user which were not necessary in the Italian version.
Ingredienti per 4 persone
350 gr di riso
250 gr di passata di pomodoro
200 gr di tonno fresco in un trancio
1 spicchio d’aglio
4 cucchiai di olio extravergine di oliva
mezzo bicchiere di vino bianco
1 bicchiere di brodo
- Mettete sul fuoco abbondante acqua salata. Nel frattempo tagliate il tonno a cubetti. Sbucciate e tritate aglio e cipolla e fateli indorare in una casseruola con l’olio per 5 minuti.
- Unite i cubetti di tonno e fate insaporire per 2-3 minuti mescolando. Quindi spruzzate con il vino. Quando sarà evaporato, aggiungete la passata di pomodoro, sale, pepe e fate cuocere a fuoco medio per 10 minuti.
- Nel frattempo versate il riso nell’acqua bollente e cuocetelo per 10 minuti. Scolatelo, versatelo nella casseruola con il sugo e fate cuocere per altri 5 minuti, aggiungendo un po’ di brodo di tanto in tanto. Salate, pepate e servite.
Translation of Italian Recipe Service – We offer free translation of Italian recipes. Please send your Italian Recipe by email to email@example.com – with ‘Free Italian Recipe’ written in the subject line of your email. Please note that the recipe translated will be published and must be free from any restriction to do so.