Coniglio ai peperoni (Rabbit with peppers)
Today we offer a typical recipe from Piedmont, a region in the north-west of Italy. As follows you will find the Italian Translation of the recipe ‘Coniglio ai peperoni’, a popular Italian second course of which there are many variants. You can add extra flavour by stir-frying the peppers together with garlic and chopped anchovies. We will list the English translation first, then show glossary of some of the key terms before finishing with the source Italian recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people
1.2 kg of rabbit cut into pieces
1 clove of garlic
4 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
extra virgin olive oil
- Clean the peppers, slice them into large pieces and stir-fry for a few minutes in a non-stick pan with a little oil. Add salt, then pour in the vinegar and let evaporate.
- Rub a try with a garlic clove and cook the rabbit pieces until lightly browned.
- Add salt, pepper, the peppers and stir. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 30-40 minutes. Keep stirring the meat every now and then. Before removing from the flame, add some chopped parsley.
As follows is an Italian translation into English of some of the key terms found in this recipe
Coniglio – Rabbit
Peperone – Pepper
Aglio – Garlic
Aceto - Vinegar
Prezzemolo - Parsley
Olio extra vergine d’oliva – Extra virgin olive oil
Sale – Salt
Pepe - Pepper
As follows is the recipe written in again in Italian. This is the original version of the text that we have provided an English translation of above. Please note that our translation may have some added notes to help the user which were not necessary in the Italian version.
Ingredienti per 4 persone
1,2 kg di coniglio in pezzi
1 spicchio d’aglio
4 cucchiai di aceto di vino bianco
olio extra vergine di oliva
- Mondate i peperoni, tagliateli a grossi pezzi e fateli saltare per qualche minuto in una padella antiaderente con un po’ d’olio. Aggiungete il sale, versate l’aceto e lasciate evaporare.
- Strofinate un tegame con l’aglio e fatevi rosolare i pezzi di coniglio finché saranno dorati.
- Salate, pepate, unite i peperoni e mescolate. Proseguite la cottura a fuoco medio per 30-40 minuti e continuate a girare di tanto in tanto. Poco prima di togliere dal fuoco, aggiungete il prezzemolo tritato.
Translation of Italian Recipe Service – We offer free translation of Italian recipes. Please send your Italian Recipe by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – with ‘Free Italian Recipe’ written in the subject line of your email. Please note that the recipe translated will be published and must be free from any restriction to do so.