Pasta con broccoli e acciughe (Pasta with broccoli and anchovies)
Today’s recipe idea comes from southern Italy, as it’s a typical dish of Apulia. Below you will find the Italian Translation of the recipe ‘Pasta con broccoli e acciughe’, another easy to cook and quick pasta dish. With a few essential ingredients and only 20 minutes of your time, you will get an Italian versatile dish that can be adapted to any circumstance. We will list the English translation first, then show glossary of some of the key terms before finishing with the source Italian recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people
320 gr of spaghetti
1 kg of broccoli
4 anchovies preserved in salt
6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic
- Wash the salt off the anchovies under cold running water, cut them open, remove the fish bone, cut into fillets and rinse again. Clean the broccoli, remove the leaves, cut the flowers and dice the thicker stems. Then cook in boiling salty water for about 8 minutes. Remove when still al dente, then strain and place in a bowl, but reserve the cooking water.
- Heat up the oil with the finely slice garlic clove in a separate pan. Then add the anchovies cut into small pieces and mix with a wooden spoon. Once they have dissolved completely, remove the pan from the flame and add a pinch of chilli powder.
- Cook the pasta al dente into the broccoli cooking water, strain and mix with the broccoli. Pour the hot anchovy-flavoured oil into the pasta, stir and serve immediately.
As follows is an Italian translation into English of some of the key terms found in this recipe Broccoli – Broccoli Acciughe – Anchovies Peperoncino in polvere – Chilli powder Olio extra vergine d’oliva – Extra vergin olive oil Sale – Salt
As follows is the recipe written in again in Italian. This is the original version of the text that we have provided an English translation of above. Please note that our translation may have some added notes to help the user which were not necessary in the Italian version.
Ingredienti per 4 persone
320 gr di spaghetti
1 kg di broccoli
4 acciughe sotto sale
4 cucchiai di olio extra vergine di oliva
1 spicchio d’aglio
peperoncino in polvere
- Dissalate le acciughe sotto l’acqua corrente, apritele, rimuovete la lisca, dividetele a filetti e sciacquate nuovamente. Pulite i broccoli, privateli delle foglie, divideteli a cimette e tagliate a tocchetti i gambi più grossi. Quindi lessateli in acqua salata bollente per circa 8 minuti, rimuoveteli al dente, sgocciolateli e trasferiteli in una terrina, conservando la loro acqua di cottura.
- Scaldate l’olio con l’aglio tagliato a fettine sottili in un tegame. Unite le acciughe tagliate a pezzetti e mischiate con un cucchiaio di legno. Una volta sciolte completamente, rimuovete il tegame dalla fiamma ed aggiungete un pizzico di peperoncino.
- Cuocete la pasta al dente nell’acqua di cottura dei broccoli, scolatela e mischiatela assieme ai broccoli. Versate l’olio bollente all’acciuga sulla pasta, mischiate e servite subito.
Translation of Italian Recipe Service – We offer free translation of Italian recipes. Please send your Italian Recipe by email to email@example.com – with ‘Free Italian Recipe’ written in the subject line of your email. Please note that the recipe translated will be published and must be free from any restriction to do so.