Bruschetta al pomodoro (Bruschetta with tomatoes).
The recipe for today’s Italian Translation will be ‘Bruschetta al pomodoro’, the perfect starter to any Italian meal. All you need is some simple genuine ingredients and a little creativity to obtain an endless number of variants. We will show the English translation first, then show glossary of some of the key terms before finishing with the source Italian recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people
4 slices of homemade bread
4 ripe tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
a few basil leaves
extra-virgin olive oil
- Wash and scold the tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds, then strain, skin, remove the pips and dice. Then pour into a bowl.
- Wash the basil leaves and dry gently with a kitchen cloth. Then add to the tomatoes. Season with oil, a pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper, stir, cover and let rest for at least 1 hour so that it gains flavour.
- Toast the bread in the oven and rub each slice with the garlic clove. Spread some tomatoes mix on each slice and serve your bruschette lukewarm or cold.
As follows is an Italian translation into English of some of the key terms found in this recipe
Pane – Bread
Pomodori – Tomatoes
Aglio – Garlic
Basilico – Basil
Olio – Oil
Sale – Salt
Pepe - Pepper
As follows is the recipe written in Italian. This is the original version of the text that we have provided an English translation of above. Please note that our translation may have some added notes to help the user which were not necessary in the Italian version.
Ingredienti per 4 persone
4 fette di pane casereccio
4 pomodori maturi
1 spicchio d’aglio
qualche foglia di basilico
olio extra vergine di oliva
- Lavate e sbollentate i pomodori in acqua bollente per qualche istante, quindi sgocciolateli, spellateli rimuovete i semi e tagliateli a dadini. Poi trasferite in una terrina.
- Lavate le foglie di basilico e asciugatele delicatamente con un telo da cucina, quindi unite ai pomodori. Condite con olio, un pizzico di sale, del pepe macinato, coprite e lasciate insaporire per almeno 1 ora.
- Fate tostare il pane nel forno, quindi strofinate ogni fetta con lo spicchio d’aglio. Distribuitevi sopra un poco del composto di pomodori e servite le bruschette tiepide o fredde.
Translation of Italian Recipe Service – We offer free translation of Italian recipes. Please send your Italian Recipe by email to email@example.com – with ‘Free Italian Recipe’ written in the subject line of your email. Please note that the recipe translated will be published and must be free from any restriction to do so.