Mezze maniche al cavolfiore (Mezze maniche with cauliflower)
If you have little time and a limited budget, here is the perfect dish for you. Below you will find the Italian Translation of ‘Mezze maniche al cavolfiore’, a tasty pasta recipe that requires very few ingredients. This dish is great both in terms of flavours and presentation. The white of the cauliflower, the black of the olives and the red of the chill will create great visual impact and impress your guests. We will list the English translation first, then show glossary of some of the key terms before finishing with the source Italian recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people
400 gr of mezze maniche pasta
400 gr of cauliflower
3 cloves of garlic
120 gr of black olives
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and clean the cauliflower, then cut it into very small florets. Steam the florets for 15 minutes, making sure that they remain firm.
- Brown the garlic clove in a pan with the extra virgin olive oil for 5 minutes, then add the chopped chilli, the cauliflower florets and the de-stoned olives previously cut in halves.
- Cook all the ingredients for approximately 10 minutes and keep stirring so that the flavours blend. Then add a pinch of salt. Boil the pasta in abundant salty water, drain and pour in the pan with the condiment. Stir well and serve.
As follows is an Italian translation into English of some of the key terms found in this recipe
Cavolfiore - Cauliflower
Aglio – Garlic
Olive bere – Black olives
Olio extra vergine di oliva – Extra virgin olive oil
Peperoncino - Chilli
Sale – Salt
As follows is the recipe written in again in Italian. This is the original version of the text that we have provided an English translation of above. Please note that our translation may have some added notes to help the user which were not necessary in the Italian version.
Ingredienti per 4 persone
400 di mezze maniche
400 gr di cavolfiore
3 spicchi d’aglio
120 di olive nere
4 cucchiai di olio extravergine di oliva
1 peperoncino piccante
- Lavate e pulite il cavolfiore, quindi dividetelo in cime molto piccole. Cuocetele al vapore per 15 minuti assicurandovi che rimangano consistenti.
- Fate imbiondire lo spicchio d’aglio in una padella con l’olio extra vergine di oliva per 5 minuti, aggiungete il peperoncino tritato, le cime di cavolfiore e le olive precedentemente snocciolate e tagliate a metà.
- Cuocete gli ingredienti per circa 10 minuti e continuate a girare per fare insaporire. Quindi aggiungete un pizzico di sale. Lessate la pasta in abbondante acqua salata, scolatela e versatela nella padella con il condimento. Mischiate bene e servite.
Translation of Italian Recipe Service – We offer free translation of Italian recipes. Please send your Italian Recipe by email to email@example.com – with ‘Free Italian Recipe’ written in the subject line of your email. Please note that the recipe translated will be published and must be free from any restriction to do so.