Insalata di pasta fredda (Cold pasta salad).
Today’s Italian Translation will be of the recipe ‘Insalata di pasta fredda’, an ideal dish for the summer. In just 30 minutes you will be able to serve your guests a light all-in-one Italian meal. We will list the English translation first, then show glossary of some of the key terms before finishing with the source Italian recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people
300 gr of helical shape pasta
200 gr of mozzarella
100 gr of mixed green and black stoneless olives
4 plum tomatoes
10 gr of capers preserved in salt
2 anchovies preserved in oil
1 clove of garlic
3 spoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Wash and scold the tomatoes in boiling water, skin, remove the pips and dice. In the meantime cook the pasta in salty boiling water. Strain, wash with cold water, pour into a big salad bowl and season with oil.
- Dice the mozzarella and wash the salt off the capers with running water. Clean, wash and finely chop the basil together with the anchovies and a peeled clove of garlic. Then cut the olives coarsely.
- Add the tomatoes, the mozzarella, the olives, the remaining chopped ingredients and the capers to the pasta and stir accurately. Let rest for 10 minutes and then serve.
As follows is an Italian translation into English of some of the key terms found in this recipe
Olive – Olives
Pomodori – Tomatoes
Capperi – Capers
Acciughe - Anchovies
Aglio – Garlic
Basilico – Basil
Olio - Oil
As follows is the recipe written in again in Italian. This is the original version of the text that we have provided an English translation of above. Please note that our translation may have some added notes to help the user which were not necessary in the Italian version.
Ingredienti per 4 persone
300 gr di eliche
200 gr di mozzarella
100 gr di olive verdi e nere snocciolate
4 pomodori perini
10 gr di capperi sotto sale
2 acciughe sott’olio
1 spicchio d’aglio
3 cucchiai di olio extra vergine di oliva
- Lavate e sbollentate i pomodori in acqua bollente. Pelateli, rimuovete i semi e tagliateli a dadini. Nel frattempo fate cuocere la pasta in acqua salata bollente. Scolatela, passatela sotto l’acqua fredda, versatela in un’insalatiera e conditela con l’olio.
- Tagliate a dadini la mozzarella e dissalate i capperi sotto l’acqua corrente. Mondate e lavate il basilico e tritalelo finemente insieme alle acciughe e allo spicchio d’aglio sbucciato. Poi tagliate le olive grossolanamente.
- Aggiungete i pomodori, la mozzarella, le olive, il trito restante e i capperi alla pasta e mescolate con cura. Lasciate riposare per 10 minuti e servite.
Translation of Italian Recipe Service – We offer free translation of Italian recipes. Please send your Italian Recipe by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – with ‘Free Italian Recipe’ written in the subject line of your email. Please note that the recipe translated will be published and must be free from any restriction to do so.